Master 200/OOW 500
Master 200/OOW 500 Course Overview
The primary aims of this course are to:
- Ensure you gain an excellent thorough knowledge of all the aspects of the MCA syllabus.
Ensure you will be able to offer appropriate responses, anticipations and reactions to a range of routine, non-routine and contingency scenarios presented by the examiner during the oral exam.
Master 200/OOW 500 Course Objectives
Whilst our ultimate aim is to ensure that you pass your exam, we also focus on improving your situational awareness and critical thinking skills. We believe these skills are necessary and key factors to enable you to not only pass the Master 200/ OOW 500 exam, but also ensure that you return to your vessel able to demonstrate the ability to apply the knowledge outlined in the oral examination syllabus.
Master 200/OOW 500 Course Approach
We appreciate that the Master 200/OOW 500 course that you are undertaking is a huge commitment and requires many hours of revision. In recognition of the volume of work required, our approach is different.
We recommend either:
- Distance learning by joining our e learning Academy which includes our offline app, alongside your own individual study.
- Blended learning is a combination of joining our e learning academy and offline app, with additional individual/ group face to face and/or Skype tutorials and specialist topic days.
Join the e learning Academy and have access to our offline app
Book progression face to face and/or Skype sessions ,if taking blended learning option, with specialist study days and face to face nearer to your exam
Master 200/OOW 500 Course Outline
The ideal distance learning structure is to join the elearning academy:
- Start go through the online course once and then have an initial progress Skype or face to face session.
- Following your initial session, we can then book further progress sessions throughout the course
- Book some sessions and/ or specialist study days before your exam date
- Each candidate’s requirements are different but, typically most candidates have between 10-30 hours supplementary face to face or Skype over the 1-3 months course.
Master 200/OOW 500 Course Location
If you have opted to have face to face sessions as part of your blended learning option, the classes take place in aour training office in Lymington.
I cannot recommend Barry Sadler’s online oral preparation and one to one course enough! The online prep is perfectly suited towards candidates working in the maritime industry whom are preparing for their exams whilst still busy working at sea. Thank you Barry and Stephanie for continuing to raise the standards of tuition within the yachting industry and also for vastly enhancing my maritime knowledge!