General Ships Knowledge Revsion
Our team provide support and help you understand the concepts and theory within the GSK exam to ensure you pass.
What we cover
At Captain Barry Sadler Maritime Training Academy, we understand how important the GSK exam is to the advancement of your career. That’s why we offer 121 sessions to provide the best posible chance of opasssing first time or to off supoort if you need to resist. We equip you with all the necessary tools to apply your theoretical knowledge on board your own vessel.
We cover all elements of the exam syllabus including:
- Ship construction technology
- Longitudinal, transverse and local stresses due to static and dynamic loading
- Methods of yacht construction
- Plans normally carried on board
- The cause and prevention of corrosion
- The functions of classification societies
- Load lines, reserve buoyancy and methods of damage control
- Bilge pumping systems
- Basic principles of hydrostatics and related items
- Initial stability
- Global wind distribution
- The causes of local winds
- The effects of water vapour in the atmosphere
- The practical use and care of common meteorological instruments
- Frontal depressions
- The sources of weather information available to ships
- The responsibilities of the officer of the watch in relation to boarding a yacht
- The precautions to be taken in preparing a vessel for sea
- SOLAS and MARPOL
- The Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers (CoSWP)
- Read through the exam syllabus.
- Your pass certificate is valid for three years.
- You do not need a Notice of Eligibility (NoE) to attend this course. However, you will need an NoE for your MCA oral exam
Other 121 Subjects We Offer
Nav and Radar
Meteorology 121 Sessions
Meteorology Online Course
Our top-rated course will introduce you to marine observation methods, codes and weather services.
Our Other Services
Our Other Services
Exam revision Sessions
For GSK, Nav and Radar, Stability, Maths, Meteorology
I day Safety Courses
MARPOL, Passage Planning, Enclosed Spaces, COLREGS, Emergency Response
“A brilliant online learning tool with in depth practical and technical knowledge of all subject matters. Captain Barry Sadler expertly navigates through the syllabus focusing on need to know information and explaining tricky concepts in a logical and easy to understand format.”
“Cannot recommend Barry and his Team enough. I was studying for my OOW 3000 with them and they helped me to pass my exam.
The online tuition is fantastic and the 1-2-1 sessions are worth every penny. Highly Recommend if you’re study for any Oral Exam!”
“Barry and his team were essential in my oral prep, the online course is a great resource and a great way to plan your study from.
The one on one sessions really helped me to focus and prepare myself to the extent needed in order to pass my exam.”